Tracking Code

Monday, March 29, 2010

And so it begins, as all blogs must...

Over the course of the last few years, I've actively talked myself out of starting a blog a number of times. Although having a blog sounded like fun, who would read it? And perhaps more importantly, what would I say?

But I suppose things have changed. I'm off to travel the world, and it just seems the most appropriate means to share my travels with friends and family. So here you have it.

Tomorrow I fly to Kathmandu, Nepal, where I will be meeting up with my good friend who is currently volunteering there. I'll be in Nepal for six weeks, and during that time my friend and I will go trekking in the Langtang Valley north of Kathmandu, I will climb Island Peak in the Khumbu (Everest) region, and we'll hang out some in and around Hetauda where she is based. Needless to say, I'm stoked!

And from there I'll be off to Switzerland... and Morocco. But more on that later. Don't want to get ahead of myself.

9 comments:

Kathi's Kreations said...

WOW, what a great opportunity!!! Can't wait to read more. Have fun and stay safe.

Molly Strong said...

I'm so excited for you, Mr. Wanderlust! Off you go! Love your blog! Love you! :-) Mom

Sev and Eve said...

Thanks for the invite Bryan! I can't wait to read about your adventures!

Paul Gerald said...

Write on! I've got you bookmarked and will check in regularly. Write it for yourself, though!

brian said...

Totally, Paul. I appreciate that. More soon...

Unknown said...

hi bri, im happy that you decided to do this blog.i will be in touch. love dad

Paul Gerald said...

You better keep writin', dude! I know from experience, the farther you get behind, the harder it is to even start. Just put up a few words every day. Of course, I wasn't in Nepal when I tried to do that.

Starseed said...

Hey Bri! I'm super proud and excited for you!!! Yet again you have embarked on another worldly journey... I am vicariously living through you bro! Love Kev

brian said...

More coming soon. Just got back to Kathmandu from 8 days trekking in the Langtang region... ;-)